Friday, October 9, 2009

Tight Tights and Warm Nights

Yesterday, a group of my friends convinced me to stop playing ping-pong for long enough to go to a ballet. Russians are famous for the quality of their ballets and they are also relatively inexpensive from a Canadian perspective. The ballet that we attended was Tchaikovsky's famous Swan Lake, and though our seats weren't perfect, the evening was definately one of the 3 classiest things I have ever experienced.

As I wrote that last short paragraph I wondered whether or not gangsta's would enjoy the ballet. Right now I'm imagining little John sitting in the front row, blinged out of his mind, and shouting "YEAAAAH" after every dance solo. I think they'd like it.

Here are some photos from the evening. They didn't all turn out great but hey, this aint no photography blog.

A view from our seats:



A view of the seats beside us:



The production:



This is all for now. There is a freshman celebration tonight that should be pretty fun. We have to do an ethnic Russian dance that we practiced for about 30 minutes earlier today. It could get ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment