Tuesday, October 6, 2009

False Hope part II (Ping Pong Hope edition)

This is also not a legitimate post, I thought I should just be up front about that so that there are no misunderstandings. I recently figured out how to get google analytics on my page so I am trying to lure as many visitors here with fake new blogs in an effort to get some serious peaks and valleys going on in my visitor trends chart. Currently it looks a bit too much like the Saskatchewan prairies.

This fake news is still newsworthy though if you can handle that contradiction in terms. I played a good deal of ping-pong today and there have been numerous up and downs that I think deserve to be shared with the world.

Pavel beat me today about 4 games to 3. I'm not quite sure what happened but he brought his A game. Two of the games that he beat me were marathons though--the final scores were 27-25 and 24-22. I lifted weights before playing though, so I'm not yet at the point where I'll skip classes to focus more strictly on ping-pong.

After playing Pavel I also had the opportunity to settle an old grudge match--Paul showed his face and challenged me to a match. The game was a back and forth battle with insults and intimidating banter flying almost as quickly as the ping-pong ball. When the dust cleared and a winner emerged I rose my fist in the air celebrating a clear 2-0 victory. I now feel like the ping pong crown of St. Petersburg Christian University is mine to lose, though Paul may soon figure me out if I'm not careful.



That's it for now, keep your topspins tight and your angles sharp my friends.

3 comments:

  1. the canadian gulag enjoyed the post of yours. victory in sport is as great as those who ocuppy this iceberg can attest when we carve out our wooden sticks and find a
    frozen chunk to begin 6 months of frozen games we too wonder what the sun looks like and are forced to eat ruminant parts to survive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. was that mom? WTF?...
    i'd say more like dad??


    hahahahhahhahhahahhahahhahahhahahhahahha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, best comment ever Joyce/Mom/Dad.

    ReplyDelete