Friday, November 20, 2009

Top 10 Reasons to come to Russia

I thought I'd make these up. I have to do a paper and I'm having trouble getting to it.

10. Palaces beautiful beyond imagination.

9. Riding on the Metro and taking a really fun really long escaltor.

8. Not getting the swine flu. I've been good so far, have you?

7. Teremok: a fast food place that sells blini's--super thin pancakes with a variety of different fillings. My two favourites are a mushroom, cheese one called the "E-mail" and a cream filled one that's called something different. I usually just point at the picture.

6. All the girls wearing high-heels. I think it's cool, though I'm a tall guy.

5. No sweat pants anywhere. I only like them if they have elastic cuff's on the bottom or a superhero print on the fabric.

4. Bottles of Vodka for 3$ and cigarettes for 50 cents. How can I afford not to! (jk Mom)

3. Ping-pong against Uzbekistani champions.

2. Chooda Yogurt has changed my life.

1. Getting to know people without knowing their language. It's hard to figure out what you have in common so you just become friends anyhow. I've been talking to about 70% more Charasmatic people than I do back home.

Was number 1 cornily sentimental? Oh well, I'm kind of a cornily inclined guy.

I also abuse the English language because I know how to. That's probably number 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment