Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Evgeny PapeR

I just finished writing a 6 page paper on Pushkin's novel Evgeny Onegin. I basically copied and pasted the script from Pirates of the Carribean 3 so I'm hoping for at least a B-.

Kevin Schur

Elyena I. Navikovada

Introduction to Russian Literature

1 October, 2009

Nobility in Pushkin's Evgeny Onegin

                    ELIZABETH
I think it would be rather
exciting to meet a pirate.

NORRINGTON
Think again, Miss Swan. Vile and
dissolute creatures, the lot of
them. I intend to see to it that
any man who sails under a pirate
flag, or wears a pirates brand,
gets what he deserves: a short
drop and a sudden stop.

Academic gold. It was the first paper I wrote this year so I'm
hoping that it turns out alright. I also found out just moments
ago that I have to lead a meeting tommorow morning. It is about
10:00 right now so I plan on pumping out a rough draft of what
I have to say so fast. I may actually just resort to bringing the
screenplay from the fast and the furious three and using it as a
rough outline. I imagine the situation going something
like this:

"If you do this undercover operation you can get out of jail."

"Cool"

*Ramp a car over a helicopter*

--BAM! Best meeting ever.

I don't have a lot of actual content for this post though if you
haven't guessed that by now. The paper I wrote was pretty
good though, it made me think more about what should
constitute the goals of one's life. The nobles had a lot of money
and a lot of parties but they still didn't get what they wanted
out of life. I hope to figure some stuff out while I'm in Russia
too and not just post jokes about bad movie scripts. I think I
already appreciate a lot of little things a lot more. Really it just
comes down to noticing the good things that have been there
all along.

Anyhow though, time to start writing with a different goal in mind.
Take it easy Vin Diesel lovers.



2 comments:

  1. I modeled my paper on the Rush Hour 2 script and got 8 pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Basically, Evgeny (Jackie Chan) and Tatyana(Chris Tucker) hang out in Hong Kong (St. Petersburg) and beat up evil ninjas (dance at local balls).

    ReplyDelete