Friday, December 18, 2009

Back in Canada

After a grueling 26 or so hours in planes and airports we are now back in Canada! It was strange even on the plane hearing so many people talk in English. I wonder if people we couldn't understand in Russian were also talking about how their cell coverage is a rip-off. I would not be surprised.

I enjoyed some peanut butter for breakfast along with some milk that didn't taste kind of funky. I also had a really good Pita yesterday that was really easy to order.

Though it's great to be able to understand everything again it was still really saddening to leave Russia. All our friends in the dorm and the people who worked with our group have become such close friends that I'm sure I'll try to visit them sometime again in life.

I always thought Winnipeg was a big city growing up, but now it seems like it's actually not that imposing.

I had the sleep of my life last night also. After being awake for ~ 40hours I crashed pretty hard.

This post will most likely also be the final one for this blog, as the Briercrest Russia Program '09 is now officially over. Maybe I'll be able to transfer this account to someone for the '10 program. It could be you...

2 comments:

  1. " I wonder if people we couldn't understand in Russian were also talking about how their cell coverage is a rip-off. I would not be surprised."

    AXAXA I was listening in on this funny convo today thinking the same thing. It was about this girl who wasn't sure if her hair dye would be too orange for Christmas...Idunno.

    ReplyDelete