Friday, August 14, 2009

Visa's, Packing, and Final Prep

Visa's are in!! Mine came in a day or two ago and I just received word today that the last of the people I am traveling with had their Visa arrived today.

N
ow that I've finished selling tents at Mountain Equipment Co-op as my summer employment the trip to Russia is starting to feel more like something that is happening and less like something cool I told my friends during the summer. On an interesting and immensely important side note--I had my hair cut a few weeks ago and went from a 14-inch long, flowing expression of masculinity to a more typical length cut that, in my opinion, makes me look way too respectable.

It was pretty funny because my mom (one of two readers of this blog) always tries to convince me that I need to get it cut and in typical mother-fashion convinced me that my Russian hosts would view it as the disrespectful love of metal it only partially was. I'm also starting to realize that acquiescing to my mom's packing suggestions is easier, and most likely safer than convincing her that the school is "pretty much lookin' after us."

That has very little to do with Russia but at least everyone can get a sense of how things are working out as the anticipation for the trip anxiously increases.

(Also I thought it worth noting that I blast these blogs out super fast, so if the grammar and punctuation aren't ideal and you're a renegade ex-T.A. who got kicked off the force for your vigilante sense of grammar justice--please overlook the errors.)

4 DAYS!


3 comments:

  1. I to have received a 'way too respectable' haircut for my liking, I can already tell that older people listen to me when I talk and it makes me really nervous. If my haircut causes anyone to think I disrespect metal ever I will immediatly grow a beard and 'bree' all on over the street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 14 inches is such an exaggeration. do they permit lying at briercrest? i thought not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Kev I will be following this Blog. And on a side note, I also have very short hair because of my mother.

    ReplyDelete