Saturday, August 8, 2009

Russia in a Week

Hello everyone who reads this blog (mom, dad and possibly a creepy shepherd in south Asia). The Briercrest exchange to Russia is in less than a fortnight. I find that when things are less than a fortnight away, I begin to get excited about them. The same is true with my Russia trip: the excitement however is a bit of the anxious variety--I didn't treeplant this summer partly because I wanted to get at least an introductory grasp of the Russian language. I bought a fancy book, that even contained an Audio CD but as is often the case in summer I got distracted watching the Bachelorette and neglected my Russian studies. I also neglected to get my HIV test finished ahead of time and ended up getting the results back late, therefore holding up the process of getting my Russian VISA. As of today, I do not have my Russian Visa--the embassy sent my orignal application back because the photos I sent in were photocopies I am worried that the embassy will send it back again because I look too Ukranian in the new photos I had done. Anyways, that is where things stand right now, and I hope to update things again a day or two before leaving and a day or two after arriving there. Talk to you later parents and shepherd man!

No comments:

Post a Comment